Monday 22 October 2012

Typographic Expression - Change of Brief

I'm well behind with this brief. Oh dear.

As I explained in my previous blog post for the feedback from my tutorial with Amber on 18/10/2012, as well as taking on board feedback that I got from Fred in the group tutorial where I need to consider where the poster series would actually go, I have decided to change my idea for this brief. Everything will still basically be the same, except the actual content for the posters themselves.

Whilst chatting to Amber, I explained to her how Fred told me that I need to give this brief more of a purpose and consider where in the real world they could go, I told her that I had considered using the funny/wrong things that people say to me while I'm at work (I work at Costa). The examples that I gave were 'Is that a medium? Yes a small' and 'Can I get a decaf chai latte?'. There's loads already from previous shifts that people have said. What I said I could do was use the one that stood out the most from my shift at the weekend. Then we discussed how they then could go back into a coffee shop (not necessarily Costa), to go on the walls for customers to engage with when they are in a queue or drinking inside.

From this then now, I have decided to take this brief in this direction.

I have rewritten the brief to now suit this. I wrote notes on to a printed brief before I edited the actual file to make sure that I include everything that I need to.

SCAN OF NEW BRIEF NOTES

Then I typed up the new brief to now respond to.

IMAGE OF NEW BRIEF

So because I am already 4 weeks behind with this, I need to get cracking as the minimum amount that I need to respond to the brief with is 10, and Amber said to get the ones that I am behind on done ready for the crits next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment