Saturday 13 October 2012

B&W - Progress

The deadline for the competition is fast approaching. Argh.

I have the final 8 designs that I really like and have experimented with, but I need to narrow it down to 5 at most as this is the limit to how many entries I can have to the competition.

Even though I do really like some of the experiments that I did with the patterns with adding blocks of colour and what not, I still prefer the original ones to them as it keeps the patterns to how they are and doesn't stray too far away from the original letterforms that I have used. I also tried out tones of black in some experiments: I do really like these and thing it makes them look really nice, but picturing them on to the media suggested in the brief, I just can't see them working as well as the straight forward just black and white.

I also reversed the colours out on them all to see how the black background works with the white pattern, and I think it looks really good for some of them. I think for the submission to the competition I want to keep them all the same being with the white background and black pattern, but I think when I mock up some examples of the different medias, I will certainly try them out also with the reversed colours. It can't really hurt anything can it.

SO NOW, I need to get my 5. I have stuck all of the printed versions of the patterns on my walls so that I have no choice but to stare at them until I make my decisions, which needs to be fast! Then I can prepare files ready to submit by midnight on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment