Saturday 27 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - Take Away Cups Initial Mock Ups

I took one of the cups I've got to use to mock up the cups that I do on to apart so I could scan it in to get the net from. 


I'm glad to be doing this because it's the best way really to see if a design is actually working. I've decided to go ahead with the designs that use the &, and have put them on to this net. I decided to try the one with just the one of each section to be opposite each other.


To print it out, I decided to just have the outlines of things. It will still give me the idea of it that I need as to whether it is working and what not, and it will also save me a lot of ink!


Now seeing it printed out, I'm not sure if having it like this is a bit too plain, so tried it with the repeat of the icons and one &.




Still not liking the large blank space on this, so going to add the second & on it. Could look a bit different if it was full colour though? 




I drew on alterations on to this one because I think this is working the best, but there's lots of little tweaks to make.



I made all of these changes. Also tried it this mock with a lid on to see if this in any way effects the design. They're white now but I'm planning on making them black.




I'm happy with where this is at now. I think it's working. The only thing really is I have lines up the bottom of the & with the bottom of the icons, so I need to make the top line up with the top of the icons because it's a tad off balance, so I changed this.



I like where I'm at now with this. I've decided to print a properly coloured version of this to see how it would properly look to make sure it's working. Didn't realise until I printed it, but I didn't colour the bottom two icons properly but will change them now. Still works though for a mock up. I also tried the lid on this one too to make sure it's still working even with them on.




 I'm liking it. I do believe that it will look better though with the black lids. Just realised though that I haven't included and black at all within the design. I'm not sure if that's really an issue though because the lid will be black. The only way to tell really is to have a look how it works once I get the lids black then make any changes accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment