Saturday 27 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - More Symbols

Following the list that we made during the meeting of more icon possibilities, and changing the ones addressed, I worked on more symbols.

The mug - she didn't like the one that I used so I have changed this to better suit. I did two different ones to choose from. I also made them so they are more from the side so that you don't necessarily see the top of the cup. I prefer this perspective of them better, so I'll also change other symbols that I have that do that to now do this.

I changed these to follow the same perspective.


New wi-fi icon.



And here's the other new symbols that I developed, including disabled access, bin, baby changing, bottle, crisps and high chair, 





I added the circle like on a Walkers packet to the crisps icon to make it look more like crisps. They sell Walkers so I figured this would be ok. For the sandwich icon, I struggled a bit to start with with it. I couldn't get one that I liked that I thought would work.



Then I got the idea to try something a bit different with it. I figured because they offer you to be able to make your own sandwich with the fillings of your own choice, I could play on this with the icon and have each of the different stages of this - so bread, then meat, then cheese, then salad. Then the end symbol would have the bread on top again to make the actual sandwich symbol.



Once I was happy with the lines to the icons, I added more of a block colour to the bread layers to tie them in better with the rest of the icons.


Then, thinking about it a bit, I decided to try each part of the symbol with just that bit of it (if that makes sense, shown below anyway), so that it would show more what the actual part is.


I quite like this. Although I think in terms of them working on their own without the rest there I'm not too sure. Maybe if I have something saying to make your own sandwich I could use this, and then on others have it like previous with the rest of the bits for each bit. Bit bit bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment