Monday 8 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - Colour Pallet

Since producing the logos a few days ago, I have been looking back over and considering the colour pallet to use, and trying to decide whether to stick to just the black and orange and use outlines, or infact add a third colour. The obvious choice for me is to also use white, which I was actually considering to do, but after doing a bit of research on some existing cafe designs which I have added to my DC blog and labelled with 'brief 3', I have had the idea to possibly stick to the black and orange colour scheme, but introducing a very faint version of the colour orange where appropriate as well.

The colour pallet that I have at the moment is:


My first thought is to use a tint of the orange that I am using, so I experimented with this.


I'm not too sure on this really. I don't like how it goes to be more of a peachy colour. I put the tint %'s on to them to see how the black and orange I have work on top of it.


Obviously as it gets lighter the orange works and stands out better, but I'm just not too sure on it. HMM.

I've tried not using tints and mixing up different shades of orange instead. I changed the writing over the top to BlOr so that I can still see how the two colours work on top of them.


Again, I'm just not too sure on this. I could try to keep the two oranges separate, although the point of introducing a third colour is so that it can work together. I'm just not too keen on what I have looked at so far.

I've experimented with using white as the third one to see if it would work...


It does. No surprise there though. I really like how the white and orange work on the black background. Hmmmmmm. I'm going to keep considering though first to see if I find something else I like before choosing to use this.

No comments:

Post a Comment