Monday 22 October 2012

Tutorial 18/10/2012

I gathered everything that I have done so far together to take to my tutorial with Amber on 18/10/2012.

scan feedback sheet

Overall the tutorial went really well. I discussed all of the projects that I have going on at the minute.

For the Hot & Tasty brief I was asked what I would do if the owner of the cafes was to not like what I have done or was to choose an idea that I don't really like. I explained how the owner is pretty down to earth and open to suggestions so I don't really see this becoming a problem, but if it was to turn out like this then I would carry on with the brief anyway in the way that they would like me to, and try to bring it back to being more interesting.

For the Black & White competition brief, I discussed how this was coming to an end now and it's just a case of bringing everything together. And I also explained my idea of possibly pushing the idea down the hand drawn route too as I've explained in a previous blog post, which went down really well so I think I will experiment with this a bit more.

For the Make My Mark and ISTD brief, I explained how I have had some initial thoughts about the briefs and need to make more of a solid start with them.

For the Typographic Expression brief, I explained my idea, and we got talking about where the actual quotes and things could come from, and Amber explained about her train journeys, and how I could maybe listen out on a morning on the train for things that people say, and then I said how sometimes at work we get some people ask for some random things that don't exist or make sense, and this lead us to discussing how they could be produced to go back into a cafe in some way - so this is the direction that I will be taking this brief now. I will do a follow up post to this one to explain more about it. I also need to catch up with this and have all the weeks that I have missed posters done for the crits next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment