Wednesday 17 October 2012

B&W - Wrapping Paper

I picked up a couple of examples from ASDA when I went. Photos of these are on the previous blog post with the rest of the photos. I want to use the packaging from them for my own to package up my designs for how they could possibly be sold. There's obviously more ways to do it, such as the rolls and the large flat sheets, but for the purposes of this brief I want to do it in the folded packaging. As well as actually using the designs as wrapping paper to wrap a DVD like I did during experimenting.

Using to wrap
From previous experiments, I know that printing the designs on to A3 is more than enough to use to wrap a DVD, so I will print each of the designs to this size for this.

Using to package
I measured the size of the examples of wrapping paper when folded, so that I know the minimum size that I need to have printed to put into the plastic sheets. I want it to be seen completely at the front and back of the packaging. The area of one size of the folded wrapping paper is 17cm by 24.5cm. So for the design to be seen on both sides of the packaging, so of it folded, I need to have a print of the design to be at least 34cm wide and still 24.5cm high. This will also come from being printed on to A3, so that's this sorted for this too.

Gift Tags
In the wrapping paper packaging, you also get gift tags, which I will blog more about on the next post.

Additional
Also on the wrapping paper packaging, there's small stickers in the top right corner with the barcode on and a bit more information that you need. For example:


These stickers on here are 43mm by 58mm.

This has got me thinking about actually naming the collection and maybe create an icon or something to tie everything together, because looking at the bags and what not they also have a similar sort of thing at the bottom of the bags too. I'll look into this.



No comments:

Post a Comment