Friday 26 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - Meeting Review

The meeting with the cafe owner went really well. She really liked what I have so far and I am not happy with where I am at and know where to go with it to start producing outcomes.

One thing I need to remember for the next meeting though it to be better organised, because eventhough I remembered to take everything I think I just need to put a bit more thought into how it will actually go. And I need to remember mu notebook too.

Here's the notes I came away with from the meeting.



  • Likes the new logo - asked what the significance was for having the & being the main focus so I explained how it will be used across everything that will tie it all together. She really liked that and asked if there was a way to incorporate the name still in just that for when it's used on its own.
  • The main target market for the cafe is through breakfasts due to the opening times. Focus on this. Main menus wont change then the specials would be changed daily depending what was on offer.
  • Likes the icons idea and wants to go forward with this. Prefers them without the circles going around. Came up with ideas for more to do (second image), so I'll produce these.
  • Need to change wifi icon because she thought it was for contactless payments. And she doesn't like the mug I used, would prefer cup and saucer.
  • Likes colour scheme. Use orange as main colour. 
  • For shop sign, have black background, white text and orange &.
  • Come up with a customer pledge that will keep customers coming back.
  • Loyalty cards - likes this idea.
  • Meal deals on sandwiches. Make your own sandwiches.
  • For what she wants me to focus on producing most, it will be the signage both in and outside and take away things like cups and what not.
  • Likes the idea to have designed cups. Likes the ideas to have the designs to 'raise up'. And wants black lids and orange cups.

I'm glad that she likes and has chosen to go forward with the symbols idea. I want to push and experiment as well as I can with this. It's a little out of my comfort zone compared to what I have done before so I am a bit nervous to getting it right. Hmm.

I need to crack on with it now, start mocking things up and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment