Thursday 25 October 2012

Make My Mark - Layouts

From all of the initial ideas that I have thought of, I am particularly most drawn to the book idea. I think if produced properly with some sexy layouts then it could be quite impressive (in my opinion anyway). There's so many different formats and what not for how I could have this, so I sketched out a few different possibilities.

SCAN SHEETS

To decide on the actual size of what I produce, I need to consider what would be the most cost effective when it comes to posting them out to studios. The last thing I want is for this to cost nearly as much as it would to actually make it in the first place. I checked this out on the Royal Mail website.

Letter



Large Letter 



To use a normal stamp for either size, or to get them sent special delivery then there's just 30p difference between the sizes. Considering the fact that in response to this brief I am planning on sending out 10 to different studios, I need to see the difference of the prices with this in mind:
  • Letter, first class stamp = £6.00
  • Letter, recorded first class stamp = £15.50
  • Large letter, first class stamp = £9.00
  • Large letter, recorded first class stamp = £18.50
There is quite a big difference just between the stamp and recorded stamp. I believe that it would look more professional to send them out using a recorded stamp, and then also I can guarantee that they will get there. To get them tracked I think would be a bit too expensive, the price for both is the same for both sizes and to send out 10 like this works out to be £59. This is something that I will discuss with John to see what he says about which would be the best option.

Even so, I have decided that I will keep the size of what I produce to fit within the 'letter' size restrictions.


No comments:

Post a Comment