Thursday 25 October 2012

Make My Mark - Stamp?

On a few of my DC blog posts lately, I have come across projects that have used a stamp of the persons logo to add on to things like their business cards and what not. I really like this idea. I think it is a small and simple way to make each individual thing that bit more personal. I am keen on looking into doing this, especially for my business card, so I decided to have a look into how much it would be for me to get a stamper made.

English Stamp Company link
Using their guidelines, I uploaded the image of my logo to the actual size that I would need it to stamp on to a business card to find out how much it would cost from here. With the handle it would cost me £14.95. I am not sure if this order would include the ink pad.



Rubber Stamp link
I've found a website where they give you the full price list for any size. This is easier for me to also consider getting another size of the stamp too if I choose to do so. And the orders let you upload your own design. With this one for the size of the stamp for the business card, I would need to get the stamp from between the 25mm and 50mm range, meaning it would cost me £21.21.


Also on this website, they have embossing machines (ooft!). I think this could also look pretty sexy. Something to consider.



Vista Print link
They do stamps, so I decided to check them out. These are actually really cheap. It works out to be just £6.74 for one. But then I'm guessing there would be the postage and what not.


Going through the checkout process, it took me to get until basically saying yes give me this, to add an extra price on for actually uploading an image to be used. Why isn't this added straight away?! Gahh. It's now £10.98.


I've decided to order from here because I'm also wanting a bigger version stamp as well so it will save me a bit of money. I've heard a few bad things about them though, so fingers crossed I'm not wasting my money. So I added the bigger stamp to the check out, and getting to the point where I'm about to pay - tada! I was right about the expensive postage. So much for being so cheap!


I can't really wait 21 days as I'm wanting them soon to start experimenting with. Decided to go with the 7 day delivery. Best be worth it!


I want to use the larger stamp on things like the cover for my direct mail, so when I do any designs where it would be used, I'll make sure that I use the on screen one for now to indicate where it would go, and use the actual size one of what the actual size of the stamp is to make sure that it would work properly.

I'm excited for them to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment