Saturday 27 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - Fridge Signs Developed

Back to the signs. The big decision at the minute is gradient or not? The best way to decide is to print them out to see if it makes any difference to the designs once they are printed. So I did. I took a selection of the varieties from my experiments to compare.


The gradient is harder to tell when it's printed and doesn't really add or take away anything from the designs. I've decided to progress on using them. If I choose in the end to not have them then it's easy enough to get rid of. 

I'm liking the square designs, but don't like having all of the different things grouped together. Remembering back to the point of these, I've decided to push forward with them individual. Also, the squares here are too big, for the individual ones I can get away with using them smaller because I don't necessarily need to much space. I stripped the designs back to the basic too, and experimented with this.


I like that with this bottom image with having the icon and name of the icon being the same ties them together, and then the white used to make what it is for stand out. Using the list that I have of what's available, and considering what would be in terms of like the salad, I produced the sign for them all. Then I printed a selection of them out to see how they work once printed.



The size is spot on. Not too big and not too small. I'm really liking these. Just looking at them compared to where I got to previously I don't know if they are too plain? Even so, they are straight to the point with no confusion.

Thinking about the fridge, there's also cakes available in it, so it makes sense for these to have signs the same. I developed an icon for them that would represent cakes, then produced the labels using the same as for the sandwiches but with the relevant information.



The template translates well for the cakes ones too. Doing these though got me thinking about the prices of things. It makes sense to have it on these signs. More so for the cakes because the sandwiches would most likely come under a set price? Need to check that. So I experimented with trying to add it on.


It just feels like that extra element that's just there. Hmm. I looked at adding it to the sandwich ones anyway. WIth this I experimented with the icons a bit more, making them larger and in the background, getting the idea for this from the idea I had for the &. I printed these out too, along with some of the cakes ones too.



I'm not sure. I just don't know with these at the minute. I sort of feel like I'm kind of missing the point a bit. I don't like having the symbols like this because it's too distracting. Argh. Definitely need to go back to my initial idea for using the symbols and sort of remind myself of it again. I'll come back to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment