Saturday 27 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - Fridge Signs

Right, for the display fridge I am looking to produce signs for each of the different fillings available and what not. I just think that this would look that bit more professional in comparison to how they have it now, and it will also make it easier for someone to ask for what they are wanting without having to ask what it actually is in the first place.

For this, the main focus for the display fridge that we discussed in the meeting is for the make your own sandwich thing. So I have produced labels for the different things available to have in it. First I played around with the ways to have the colours and what not. It's pretty self explanatory in the images.










I like having the name of each section to the sandwich making in the bottom left corner. I produced the labels for more things in the sections and for each of the sections, and continued to experiment with them.




We discussed the idea of a meal deal in the meeting, where you'd get a sandwich, crisps and a drink for a set price. I had a quick look at this for one of the sign ideas. I like the small '+' signs between the icons.


I looked at grouping the different bits together on the signs instead of individual ones, and continued to experiment with these.


The white icons for the meal deal one, with the small black '+' signs works really well.


Considering more ways to represent it, I played around more with the icons. When I did the price one, because I like the smaller +'s, I made the £ smaller too, and actually really like this.


I looked at more ways to represent the meal deal, and incorporated the make your own sandwich thing into it too.




I really like working with icons, and am actually quite enjoying this. I particularly like the bottom image above this. This could maybe be used on the glass of the fridge? Maybe.

Going back to the signs. I looked at including the & into it too.





I like having the oversized & going off the area. Hmm. I had a quick look at how this could look on the meal deal thing too.


I got the idea then to try and make the different sections to work more as a set, and then have sections of the & on them so that when they are put together they form it.


I quite like this, although seeing them all together is obviously going to look right, so I took screen shots of them individual to see if they would work on their own too.





They do, and having the sections of the & makes it look quite interesting too because I think to someone who doesn't necessarily know it is this wouldn't know at first glance of it.

I tried the same idea but this time having them work in a vertical line instead. This adds more area of the & to each of the different signs, and is that bit more abstract. I tried it with having it both black and white.






And positioned the & slightly different to see if it changed it at all.



Hmm, I like this. I need to put more effort into the symbols on these though if I choose to go forward with it so that the 'fill' of them is the same as the background. I went back to a previous bit of my experiments and put the & back to the size of one sign and put this going off the edge of the area. I experimented with this.



Hmm. I like this too. I'll keep playing around with it. When I have seen icons presented before when I have been looking at projects that use them on things like behance, they are on a background with a gradient. I'm not very 'experienced' with using them, but figured it would be interesting to experiment with them (once I got my head around how to actually do them properly!). It hwas hard to tell on some so I included a square at the side for my own benefit to see the difference.






I think I'm getting the hang of it? I also tried it out on experiments that I did without the & on to apply this to too.





I'm happy with the progress. I think I need to take a step back from these for a short while and come back to them to see if looking at them with fresh eyes helps me to make some different or more definite decisions.

Very long blog post! Can tell I was on a roll with this ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment