Saturday 13 October 2012

B&W - Submission Guidelines & Preparation

I need to get my files ready to submit to the competition before the deadline on Sunday, so I got the guidelines from the competition website to follow.


I can either submit the patterns over as a square or rectangle. When I checked out the other entries the majority of them were square. I have been working to rectangles, so I'm unsure what to do. I have decided to prep the files to both and then decide which format does the best justice for the designs.

Squares & Rectangles







Looking at them side by side, I have decided that I will submit the square versions to the competition.

I also need to have a brief description of the work that I am submitting. I want to make sure that in this I explain that I wanted my designs to be different and that they are made up using letterforms.

"Wanting to design something different that stands out along side the other entries to the competition, I decided to take more of a bold approach with my submissions. In each one of my entries, using a single letterform from serif typefaces, I used them to create a pattern which can be repeated across any scale and format. I used elements of each of the letterforms to join them together to make a basic pattern, which then can be joined together like a jigsaw."

I will also explain in my submission which letterform was used for each of the entries.

I have saved each of the entry files with my name, and also numbered with 1 - 5.


The username that I will use will be SarahP.

No comments:

Post a Comment