Sunday 28 October 2012

Hot & Tasty - Bottle Fridge Vector

So because I have mocked up the display fridge, I figured it would be a good idea to also mock up the bottle fridge (and other things like the shop front when I get around to it - started it once and lost the file). I used the image from their facebook page of the fridge they have to copy from, and did the vector from directly in front of the fridge. 

I did it using black and tones of grey. the top blank part is for the cafe logo like they already have but the new one.


I want to make the fridge look a bit more realistic, or at least look more to scale by adding the cans and bottles to the shelves. I took the bottle and can icons that I have, and scaled them down to be in proportion with each other, and small enough to look a realistic size on the shelves, then I added them to the vector. When talking in the meeting, she said how they are now stocking more bottles than cans, so I took this on board when planning what wold go where.




I want the focus to be on the glass with this vector, as I have considered designing stickers to go on it, so I've added a light grey over the glass area with the opacity of 90% so that you can still see th contents, but not so much that they take over the design.


The main thing that I am considering for this is the prices of the cans and bottles, so I got the idea to put the prices on to the icons, using the same way with the price signs as I did on the signs previously. I just added this to the middle of the icons. I think it's effective and straight to the point.



Also, I figured seen as it's already been decided in the meeting how the sign for the outside of the shop will be, I would add this to the top of the fridge to be the same. I added a gradient to the black background on it so that it gets lighter to try and represent the fact that it will be lit up. The right one works the best in my opinion for this.


I'm happy with this process, and may come back to edit slightly what else may go on to the glass too, and also the positioning and scale of the prices too. Below is them working on their own, that I will print out to take to the meeting. I will make sure that this will be to the exact scale that they would appear on the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment