Saturday 13 October 2012

Tigerprint - Black & White Print

A brief that I have heard mentioned a few times is the latest competition brief from Tigerprint called Black & White Print. They are asking for a surface pattern design that can be used across a range of media including gift bags, wrapping paper, stationery products and greeting cards. The basic requirements are that is it to consist of just black and white, and you can use tone to enhance a design element, and the rest is really up to the entrant.


This brief is quite different to my others that I have looked at. For a start it's more of a pattern sort of brief, where as I have been looking at more type and layout driven briefs. Even so, it is stepping out of my comfort zone a bit, and it will allow me to be experimental, which is something that I have said that I want to do in my rationale, so I think it will be good for me to try something a bit different as I think it will be beneficial. 

I'm not sure if this one is substantial enough though to be one of my main four. Hmm. And it is going to be a quick turnaround one as the deadline for the competition is actually this Sunday! (14/10/12). Obviously I can push the brief beyond the deadline, and look at actually applying designs to the suggested medias but I can't really see this being stretched out more than say 2 weeks because then it will just start to become a bit of a waste of time. I am up to doing this though, so I best get on it!

It will say on the brief that I write up for this, but the label that will be used for this brief will be Brief 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment