Tuesday 16 October 2012

Make My Mark - Ideas 2

Following the hand drawn stuff that I had done, I got on to Illustrator and started playing around on there with ideas for my logo.

The first idea that I got was this:


I quite like it, so I carries on to experiment with it trying out different stuff.


I tried out my full name (above) but not so keen on this. It just looks too much, and wouldn't necessarily work effectively on a smaller scale, so I continued with just my first name. I kept the zig zag line to experiment with, and then experimented with different ways to have the line.





Out of all the experiments so far, the ones that I like the most is below.


I tried it out with the initial P too, but not as keen on this. And considering the main part of the design is the line, I tried it out in a circle to work as a symbol logo to consider. I don't really like that though,


So I carried on experimenting.


I tried experimenting with the typeface element more by taking the cross of the A's out and stopped the middle of the R connecting. I really like this.


And then experimented with the kerning.


I like the stage that I am at with this, and then tried changing the S to be squared off to be more like the rest of the typeface but it works better with the original S.


I am pleased with this progress, and am glad that I have started this brief off now. I will continue to experiment with possible logos as well as working on other elements of the brief too. I have researched how others have done a similar sort of thing that I am wanting to achieve with this brief, and this is all recorded on my DC blog labelled with brief 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment