Tuesday 23 October 2012

Make My Mark - Ideas 3

After doing some more DC blogging, I got an idea for another way that I could have my logo, so I got on to Illustrator to experiment with it.




I like the emphasis on my first name and then still including my surname in the logo. I think the dash's also add something do it too, making it feel more balanced as I don't particularly like how the first one sits.


I tried it out in a circle to consider. I do really like this, but I'm not sure if I actually want to use a circle. Hmm.




I thought to give that bit more emphasis on my first name over my surname I would try a lighter typeface for my surname, and experimented with how to have this. I even tried it without the dash's and what not as shown above. I am just not feeling this as much as I am the previous, I can't quite ut my finger on it. So I carried on experimenting with the previous one.


I had a quick try again without the dash's and having it line up with the outside of my first name but still don't like how it sits, so I lined it up then with the inside edges of the S and H. Then, using guides to measure and line up, I added more thought out dash's.



The balance of this works really well. I experimented a bit more with adding more lines on the logo to see if they would add anything to it.



I don't like it with the extra lines, so will stick to just having my name and the dash's. I am really happy with this logo and can see it representing me quite well. I decided to get my business card that I put together last year to add it to to see if it would work. At first I added it to the middle of the black side, and put it in the gret to represent using a print finish such as wither embossing or spot varnish, then I decided to have a go at rotating it slightly and taking it off center and I think this works a lot better, and just adds a little extra something to it. I also included it on the white side too where it would be printed on in the same position.


I changed my information slightly to what I think better suits it now with having this logo. I am really pleased with this, and think the logo works really well. I think I might finally have something I am happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment