Tuesday 16 October 2012

B&W - Brief Extension

Now that I have submitted my patterns to the competition, I thought I would check out on the website whether there's any information to what happens now, and came across their next competition brief that they are running for the next month. This is called 'Hand Drawn Typography'.


Reading through the brief, it's sort of similar with the outcomes that they are proposing the entries to be used for, i.e gift bags, wrapping paper, etc, but with a focus on to hand drawn typography instead.

From this I got the possible idea, seen as I have used type for my pattern designs for the black and white competition, so extend what I have further into a hand drawn type sort of thing. So basically hand drawing the patterns that I have. Obviously I wouldn't then re enter them hand drawn in to this competition as it's not really what they are looking for, but it's certainly an idea to try out as it seems rather fitting.

I went and printed out my patterns on both original sized A3 that I have been working on, as well as scaled down to A4 to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment