Friday 26 October 2012

Make My Mark - Stamp Effect Tutorials

To try and make my logo look like it is stamped on to the page, I decided to google how to create that sort of effect on Illustrator/Photoshop.

The first tutorial that I came across on (which I can't seem to find the link for anywhere now!), is one where it showed you how to create like a chalked effect. I thought it could be similar so I gave it a go. I followed it exact, which gave me the left image below, then I changed it to be just black and white how I would have it as well.


It's alright but I won't use it. On that website though they did have 50 different tutorials to experiment with type with, so I think to look at more like this could definitely be some thing to do for my Typographic Expression brief.

The next one that I came across was actually called 'vector rubber stamp' - link. This involved using both Illustrator and Photoshop. When I copied what I needed over from Illustrator on to Photoshop though, it didn't copy properly as you can see below, but I just used it anyway seen as it's just an experiment. I zoomed in on a section too to show the finer details.

Again, I think it's alright but not overly keen on it. I will definitely look at more tutorials for type effects though for my TE brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment