Monday 21 November 2011

WIDFP? - Screen Printing

Again, I printed out the research I have collected and highlighted the points I feel are necessary within it to include within the information of the manual.

image of notes


Using the highlighted areas, I wrote out the information that I will include within this section. I have discussed points such as what it is, how it works, and what it is actually made from.


Screen printing is a process that uses open areas of woven mesh to support an ink blocking stencil that is used to transfer ink through to create a sharp edged image onto uncoated paper or fabric. It is a stencil method of printing. The screen is made of a porous, finely woven fabric such as polyester or nylon, stretched on a frame constructed of wood or aluminum. It works by placing the screen over the stock/faric and using a squeegee to force the ink through the mesh of the screen and onto the surface. This can be repeated multiple times, and the screen can be re used as many times as it is needed before being cleaned off and starting again. This is a technique that is used mostly for printing on to fabrics, as well as applying certain print finished such as spot UV varnish.


Layout
I figured seen as I have waited for the images on the previous few layouts that I have done now, I will do the same from now on until I have all the information I am looking to include within the manual on to the layouts. I think by doing this it will allow me to progress through completing the manual a bit quicker as I wont get too hung up on having a certain image a certain way until after the more important aspects are completed, then I can use my time accordingly.


I have just put the information on this page pretty much the same as the pad printing layout just so I can get a general idea of how much space that it takes up, as I feel when I come to choosing images and what not it will be easier to do so, and then I can change how the layout of the copy is accordingly. I like that the description for this and the pad printing section doesn't necessarily take up too much room, so that I can include a good example of what I mean and have it at a decent scale to get the full effect from the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment