Friday 11 November 2011

Good Is... - How many?

In preparation for what I will produce, as well as for the crit, I had a quick look into how many stores there are for certain shops that could possibly 'support' puritee and have a section within their stores dedicated to the movement. I have decided to do this because I want to be able to fully understand exactly how print will be used for what I am doing, and if I were to actually take it to print have a good idea on the sort of numbers that I would need to produce in order to supply each store with sufficient amount of the stuff.

Topshop
With around 300 stores in the UK, and over 100 in international territories - including our US flagship in New York - Topshop’s triumph has been all the more remarkable considering its humble beginnings. (link)

Vans
I only have here Van stores all over US. And there are 156 company owned stores and factory outlets as well as independent retailers. (link)

American Apparel
There are now thirteen stores across the UK with more to come! (link)

River Island
over 250 think its 261 owned buy to date. (link)

Primark
Ireland - 38, Spain - 20, UK - 154, The Netherlands - 2, Portugal - 4, Germany - 4, Belgium - 1
Total - 223


Hollister
10. (link)

H&M
There are exactly 173 stores. (link)



The information I have gathered is largely for the number of stores in the UK. I will keep my workings out to just stores in the UK as it will be easier to focus down what I want to do. The vision that I have in my mind for my project, and how I would want it to appear in the real world if it was to ever progress into that could easily fit within each of these stores.

In preparation for the progress crit on 2/11/11, I did some rough workings out for as if my project was to go into Topshop stores. Although I am not 100% certain on what I am planning to produce just yet, here is the rough workings out I made:

300 Stores
100 bags to each - 30000, litho printed, and die cut.
100 receipt holders to each - 30000, litho printed, and die cut
2 point of sale items to each - 600, digital printed, and die cut
Packaging/Delivery boxes - 1000, litho printed, and die cut
10 staff t-shirts to each - 3000, screen printed


When I went into this in the crit, Lorenzo said it's not really a necessary thing to consider at this stage and I just need to focus on what it is I am actually producing. I completely agree with this, as I explained above I just wanted to get an idea of how what I am doing would actually go forward into being commercially printed. Once I have a better idea of what I am doing, and am a lot further progressed into this brief, so basically when everything I am planning on producing has been decided and basically done, I will revisit this post and spend a quick 10 minutes going through it again.




This could be useful, it tells you what charities these stores already support http://www.arcadiagroup.co.uk/responsibilities/community/brands/wallis.html

No comments:

Post a Comment