Tuesday 22 November 2011

Good Is... - T Shirt box Size Stickers

One thing I definitely think I need to include on the delivery box I have made is the size of the t-shirts. I have decided that instead of including this within the design of the actual box I will do this as a separate sticker that will go on the side of the box, that was the print run can be a larger amount in one go and will be cheaper as each one wont be tailor made resulting in more plates having to be made. They will be printed on to stickers, and each one containing a small illustration to show the style of the t-shirt, the name of it, a code for what store it is from, the size, product code, bar code and the water drop.

Before I started, I researched t-shirt styles to I could ensure I use the correct names on the stickers.


I read the descriptions carefully and picked out the ones that are most common (in my opinion), and wrote the names out that I will use.


Ensuring that I produced the correct illustrations, when I came to do each I did a quick look on google first to make sure I fully get what the description is saying. Using the basis of the simple t-shirt I used for the actual mock ups I did of t-shirts, I edited this accordingly so that they all are basically the same but with their own unique traits.


Next, considering what I will put on the actual stickers, I looked at a sticker that I had on a shoe box at the side of me (not the same I know, but gave me a good idea) and the next thing I decided to include is the store that the t-shirt is from. I think this is an important bit of information as they will be available from a variety of places. Instead of using the full names of these, or the logos which would mean stepping away from the spot colour I have selected, I just wrote down 3 letter 'codes' which are still obvious to what they are if you think about it. I did the list based on the number of stores of each information I looked at on the How Many? post.


Next is the size. For this I have decided to stick to the small, medium, large approach.


The stickers will also feature the water drop.


Also, a product code/number is always used on labels, so I just quickly typed out a few random combinations for these.


As well as these, I will include a barcode as I think it is a necessary thing to have.

I experimented and played around with this until I got one that I could see actually working on the box.


I decided to make the dimensions of the sticker have less length, which I think helps the design to look better.


Considering the side of the box and the fact that it is white made me realise i would make more sense to have the backround of the sticker blue so that it stands out more.


This is how the final stickers will look,  but obviously each with individual sizes and styles of t-shirts.


Long Sleeve
 Polo
 Original
 Ringer
 Vest
 Rugby
 Tank
 Henley

I printed these out on to sticker paper, and cut them out ready for module hand in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment