Monday 21 November 2011

WIDFP? - Pad Printing

I printed out the research I have collected for the pad printing process and highlighted the key points within what I found.

image of notes here


I tried to keep the information as simple as I could whilst typing it out so that it will be easily understood by anyone who was to read it. I have included information about the pads, the inks and gave a few examples of what could be printed by using this process.


Pad printing is a process that can transfer a 2D image onto a 3D object. It is considered to be an indirect gravure printing process, since similar to gravure printing, it works by using an etched plate. The difference is though that the plate doesn’t come in direct contact with the substrate, instead it is transferred to the pad surface. How pad printing works is that the etched plate is inked up by a spatula, ensuring that any excess is wiped away, then the ink is picked up by a silicone rubber pad and transferred to the products surface. The pads are usually molded to geometrically determined shapes that will work best for each tailored print job, and then when it is printing because it is elastic the pad shapes itself around the 3D object. The inks that are used within the pad printing process are designed specifically for this to ensure a quick application and drying time, which makes them easier to work with and are resistant to abrasion and chemicals. Common products that illustrate this printing process well include golf balls, syringe barrels, consumer electronics and many more.

Images
I either want to include an image of an actual pad printer or of examples of what it can actually print. We didn't see one of these at the Team visit, so I haven't got my own example photo of one so it would mean finding one off the internet. I have decided to put the information on to the page first and whilst doing that I hope to know what would best suit the whole thing.

Layout
This will be one of the first pages to appear within the book so I put this on the file before the previous layouts that I have already done.


I have kept the layout of this simple allowing the white space to be used for image(s) to support the information that I have included.

1 comment:

  1. Note pad is one of the marketing technique by which we can promote our company and brand in people and in our clients.People should use notepad as effective measure to promote.

    ReplyDelete