Tuesday 22 November 2011

Good Is.. - Stock & Printing Considerations

Stock
In terms of the stock that I will use to produce each of the things that I have developed, although I think a gloss stock would work great as this is shiny and water is shiny, I will use 100% recycles matte stock to keep with the whole movement, wanting to make a difference in the world vibe.

For everything that I have produced basically I have used the card from the library to put together ready for submission, although if this was to go on to be commercially printed I would definitely use the recycles stock. I want it to remain a bright white stock as I have used. I came across a website that stocks both bright white card stock 100% recycled 215gsm, and premium white card stock 100% recycled 105gsm.


Basing what I have produced in conjunction with the brief, I will base the stock choice on these two stocks I have found as they are pretty much perfect for what I am wanting. 

Items produced in the Bright white card stock 100% recycled 215gsm stock will be:
  • delivery box
  • outer case of delivery box
  • price tags
  • POS item

Items produced in the premium white card stock 100% recycles 205gsm stock will be:
  • receipt holder
  • carrier bag
  • t shirt belly band

As for any stickers that would be produced, I have found a website with information on these. I would want them to be uncoated to tie in with the rest of the project.


So any stickers will be printed on a 90gsm uncoated sticker stock.


Printing
In terms of how I would get everything that I have produced printed, looking back to the blog post where I have discussed the amounts that I would get done if I was to produce things as if they were going to be available from Topshop, I will stick with how I have worked these out. Obviously there would be a lot more to what I have discussed as the plan for this is to have it appear within any store that wishes to participate in sponsoring the movement. So, the information I put together on the previous post, which can be seen by clicking here, is how I would get my things commercially printed.

It would be:

300 Stores
100 bags to each - 30000, litho printed, and die cut.
100 receipt holders to each - 30000, litho printed, and die cut
2 point of sale items to each - 600, digital printed, and die cut
Packaging/Delivery boxes - 1000, litho printed, and die cut
10 staff t-shirts to each - 3000, screen printed

No comments:

Post a Comment