Monday 21 November 2011

Good Is... - T shirt band digital development

Considering now that I have chosen the delivery box that I have done to be used for this project, I have decided to go on and produce t-shirt bands as well. I may not necessarily use them but it is something to experiment with and see.





As I started to experiment with these on Illustrator, as I moved on to the next and then the next I found myself automatically taking off information that I didn't think would be needed. All I have ended up with is the logo and the fact that this t-shirt is worth 100 litres. I like the simplicity of this though, there is something about it. It would work in context of both in store and online. For instore it could be something that the member of staff before putting the t shirt into the carrier bag could put around the t-shirt, and for online it could be what holds together the t-shirt the way that it is folded so that it doesn't get screwed up within the box.

Considering how this will look and actually hold together, I have decided to take off the logo in the previous design and leave myself with just the line of text. And then I developed some sticker ideas for what could be used to actually stick and hold the band together. I have produced a white band for t-shirts that are dark, and a blue band for t-shirts that are light. With the stickers I have developed I have experimented with opposites of each, so that depending on which I choose to use, a blue backgrounded one can go with the white band and the white backgrounded one can go with the blue background.






I printed these out and put them together. The stickers that I have decided on are the circle ones with just the water drops in. For this, the stickers are just printed on ordinary paper, but would if the thing was real be on sticker paper and die cut to be the perfect shape. If I get the chance I will go and but some sticker paper to print them properly. Here is how these look:












No comments:

Post a Comment