Monday 21 November 2011

Good Is... Carrier Bag Digital Developments

Using the sketches of ideas I produced for the carrier bag idea, I went on and used the actual net I used for the mock to start to digitally develop these ideas, pushing them further in terms of the use of colour and what not.


Thinking about carrier bags that exist they usually just contain the logo of the store so I experimented with these ideas first although I do prefer the thought of having the type idea on them so I experimented with this next by having this on one side and the logo on the other.



I experimented with the colour and weight of the copy that has been used on the bag to see if any of there are more preferred as I used them. 


I experimented with having one side blue and the other which (well, stock) and I think this works quite nicely. I have printed out an experiment mock up of this to see if it actually works well when printed. This can be seen at the bottom of the post.




I tried out a repeated pattern of the water drops within sections of the bag to see if this would work, and it would be a bit different to the stock colour. I think it looks alright but don't necessarily prefer it to the solid colour, but I have experimented with it a bit more to see if my preferences change.





Still unsure about the repeated water drop pattern I experimented with having it over one full side of the bag, which did make me realise that I don't actually think it looks right now. It looks too busy, and the whole point of what I am doing is to keep the designs simple and 'pure'.



In preparation for the progress crit on 9/11/11, I printed out a few of these developments to mock together both to see how they look once printed, and also to see how my peers take to them, and their opinions as to wether they think it would work well enough as a carrier bag. I do like them as it is different to the usual carrier bag, but at the end of the day 'people' are used to what they are used to, so pushing something different on them could either work really well or not really be taken to.



The general comments that I got from the people who looked at the bags were all positive, saying they really liked it and like how it's different. This is a great response, and has boosted my confidence into continuing with these bags. I do feel that there is more development to be made though before they are finished.

Also, I will show my mock bags to some people who aren't on our course because at the end of the day, the response from someone who isn't a designer who doesn't find different things interesting could be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment