Wednesday 12 December 2012

End of Module Evaulation


Overall, I am pleased with the progress that I have made throughout this module. I have learnt a lot about myself as a designer and how I work when I need to take things into my own hands.

In terms of everything that I have done overall, I am very happy with my outcomes as I have managed to achieve a professional standard to them that I have been striving to achieve. I have definitely found that the attention to the smaller details within a brief is what can really make a difference when it comes to making a brief look alright or look amazing.

My time management has been fairly good during this module, as opposed to ones during the last two years. I have found this to be highly beneficial for my design practice and has allowed me to excel my expectations of what I initially believed that I could achieve. This is certainly something that I am to continue during the Final Major Project module, and to push more with too to get them tighter.

The thing that I have most enjoyed about this module has to be the competition brief that I entered for the Tigerprint Black & White Print brief. It has really opened my eyes to the possibility of what can be achieved with something so simple to begin with, and has certainly got me thinking more about the range of outcomes that are possible within a brief.

My biggest downfall has to be when I come to completing a brief, I would get so close to finishing and then instead of wrapping it up and drawing a line under it I would just leave it until later, which I do believe if I hadn’t had done that and just got it finished when it was actually finished with the design boards done then I would have had more time towards the end of the module to continue designing. This is something important that I have learnt, and will definitely be keeping this in mind when I approach the end of briefs throughout the FMP module.

I didn’t work on a collaboration during this module, but I do have some planned for the next which is going to be interesting. I do feel like I have come a long way when it comes to them, and I think if I take forward what I have learnt from this module about myself into a collaboration, then this will allow me to feel a lot more confident with myself and my abilities that I can bring to the table.

I am definitely completing this module with a smile on my face, and hope that this continues for the rest of my time on the course.

Attendance: 3
Punctuality: 5
Quality of work: 4
Quantity of work: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment