Friday 7 December 2012

B&W - Name/Logo

If I sit down with this project with the aim to get it finished by the end of the day, I do believe I could pretty much do this. What I need to get sorted first is the name and logo for the range. This will allow me to add the more little details to the project, which I explained on my DC blog is what makes the difference between a project that's alright and a project that's great.

Name
For names, the first thing that I thought of was how throughout this brief I have explained how what I am designing and developing is sort of 'everyday' designs, that isn't really tied to one occasion so it could be used for a birthday if someone chooses to, or a christening, or wedding, or christmas. Or even just as a random gift giving for no reason. This is what I like the most about this project and these designs. Considering that also there is a range of different patterns, which could also be pushed further to include more, it's sort of like a collection. This immediately clicked for me realising this should be the name for my range:

The Everyday Collection

It's simple and to the point. It suggests that there is more than one pattern to the range, incase it is someone receiving a product from it, or only sees one set of a pattern. Everyday obviously implies that it isn't tailored to just one occasion. 


Logo
I want the logo to be simple. I don't want to be spending way too long on this as it isn't really the main focus of the brief. Going to just keep it type based, and black and white - obviously.



I've decided to drop the 'the' and have the name as just Everyday Collection.


The logo I have, and am going to use is this one:


This will be used on the products where appropriate, and on labels. It will also be used on the design boards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment