Wednesday 23 May 2012

YCN - Collaboration

With this brief being a collaborative one, we had to go through a process of finding our ideal partners to work with. For this we had to produce 2 A3 posters, one listing 5 things I have to offer and the other listing 5 things I am looking for in a partner.

5 skills I have 
  • type/layout
  • ideas development
  • design for print interest
  • conscientious 
  • eye for detail/accuracy

5 skills I need
  • organised
  • design for print interest
  • image/illustration
  • good at research
  • ideas development

Following this process, the partner that I've ended up working with is Beth Yates - I couldn't be any happier. Although we're friends we haven't really worked together before and we have different skill sets, so I think combining these would work really well. Also, she is on the same wavelength as me in terms of wanting to push the brief we do as far as we can, so bring it on.

We narrowed down the briefs that we had selected to the M&S one and the Feel Good one. We liked them both for similar reasons and couldn't really decide which to go with. In the end our gut feelings were more towards the Feel Good brief, which we decided to go with.

We made notes and what not on a printed copy of it to really deconstruct it to find out what it is that they are actually asking for.




We already have some great initial ideas that we're thinking about. We have compiled a list of research which we will do in preparation for the concept crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment