Thursday 24 May 2012

Smoking - Kick Butts Take Names Rebrand

After reading into the links that were provided on the brief to check out for more information, along with trying to research into other ways of finding out about the 'Kick Butts Take Names' organisation, I started looking into the rebrand of them as I have decided to do.

I want to try and include some aspects of the logo that they have already, although I do think that with the one they have already it doesn't really work as effectively as a logo as it should do, so simplifying it down would be beneficial. And it would make it more likely to work at a wider possible scale range.

I did some initial sketches of a few ideas (which I seem to have now misplaced?), and ended up considering making the logo out of dots to look like cigarette ash. I did this, then scanned and printed out to add more onto. I did this a few times before editing them on the mac, experimenting with them.






Whilst I like the idea of this, I don't feel like I'm achieving quite what I was hoping to, so I decided to try adding what I have so far to other elements relating to smoking to see if it makes it better, so things like ash trays and cig butts.











 Still not feeling what I am working with, so went back to just the writing again.


Looking back at their existing logo, I decided to have a go at incorporating the hand that is in it.


Whilst I like the idea of it in my head, to see it on screen it just doesn't seem to have the sort of professional edge that I was hoping for it to achieve. I want the logo to look more established and representative and strong. So I decided to scrap the dots idea and try a different route.












From all of the experiments that I have made with these, the two that I have narrowed it down to is these.

No comments:

Post a Comment