Thursday 24 May 2012

Studio Workshop 1

5 things you want to do

  • editorial design
  • printed book/publication
  • explore a topic I've not covered
  • consider/incorporate some image
  • focus on print design
  • push levels of professionalism & produce something that could be real

5 things you need to do
  • thoroughly research & understand topic
  • put type module skills to good use
  • have strong, structured time management
  • break boundaries I have on myself & explore/experiment more
  • properly consider the brief outcome & see how I could push/extend it

5 reasons why
  • I really enjoyed the type module & want to put what I learnt into good use using my own given content
  • I want to fully understand what I am working on as I want to ensure what I produce is relevant to my research/topic
  • I have a comfortable way of working and have my own set boundaries so I think pushing myself to break these will be beneficial for the future
  • I always focus on type when ever I am designing so incorporating some image will be a nice change
  • strong/structured time management plan will help ensure I produce the most I can to the best of my ability in time that I have to do so

Personal Skills
  • confidence with what I am working on
  • push boundaries

Practical Skills
  • presenting work to a professional standard
  • experimentations
  • type/layout skills
  • researching

Processes
  • lazer cutting
  • book binding

Products
  • printed publication

Contexts
  • publishing
  • editorial

No comments:

Post a Comment