Thursday 24 May 2012

Smoking - Incentives

After looking at the responses that I have received to my survey so far, quite a few people have said that their biggest incentive to quit smoking would be if they were told it was their only option otherwise it would basically kill them.

This has got me thinking down the route of what it is that doctors must tell people in situations like this, and how people must feel when they hear it - it can't be a very nice feeling!

Considering how I have the idea for the myths, I have started thinking about an idea going down this route of people finding out that essentially there's nothing left that they can do, and maybe using this as sort of a wake up call angle for the No Smoking day. It could maybe have the strapline as something along the lines of 'don't let it get this far'.

I've started to think about the different ways and phrases someone may be told

  • I'm sorry, there's nothing more that we can do
  • This is the only option
  • It's gone too far, there's no going back from this
  • The only other option is death
  • It's the only way things could get better

I prefer this idea more to the myths idea as I think it would tie in more with the day than the other would. It will give people the feeling they would maybe get if it was to actually happen to them, and they could maybe use the day as the starting point to making a difference before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment