Thursday 24 May 2012

Initial Ideas

Taking into account elements from each of the briefs that I have selected, combined with what I came up with during the first studio workshop, I started to consider possible directions to take brief and base it upon. The fact that I want to use the skills that I learnt in the type module is the biggest factor for me to consider really.

I noted down my thought process (scan below) whilst I spent a bit of time thinking about it and discussing the possibilities with a friend.


Basically, I considered how I could use type, and got the initial idea from the D&AD Little White Lies brief based on films. So I started thinking about iconic actors/actresses and the lines in films that they are famous for. Could use this or films in general.

That then got me thinking about music. Could do something similar with the lyrics of a specific band or genre of music. Timeless bands? 

I prefer the music idea better as it could be some sort of a collection thing if targeted right. 

I also like the idea of the graphics competitions brief for the World No Tobacco Day. This route could enable me to incorporate more elements from other briefs into it, and would give me a good focus for research as the initial topic is so wide, but I could narrow it down to relevance.

I like both of these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment