Friday 25 May 2012

Smoking - Posters 1

Now that I basically have all the elements and what not decided on (except on the exact description to use, which I just need to decide on but will use any for now), I have decided to begin experimenting with possible poster layouts. At the minute I am here and there with everything that I have so far so I think by doing this it will help me to put my project into better perspective.

I got each of my elements on there and played around with how to position them. I want the hierarchy to be so that the main suggestion headline is read, followed by just see how long you can go, then the date and day title, then the rest of the information.

I will also add the smoke effect to the posters later so that I don't get distracted by this whilst experimenting with the layout of the other elements.










On the one below I added the 'for more information line', and positioned this below the day & date in the bottom corner - I think this set up works well. I also took the paragraph off that I had been working with and do prefer it without, so maybe I need to look at making sure I use a shorter one that is straight to the point (because I do think one is needed).


I made it so that the information is in a box (as shown below), so basically the website line and day line are aligned with each other.



I changed the line spacing a little on the date set up that I just explained. I decided at this point to add the smoke effect. I just put it straight into the middle to begin with (didn't screen shot it), and then decided to use it around the date area in the bottom left and I really like how this looks. It draws more attention to this area, and I think overall it makes it just that bit more obvious at first glance what the poster is based around.

I'll leave this for now and come back to it (something I keep meaning to try when designing as it's always beneficial). I'll also decide on the smaller information I need to add to add to it later and make any necessary changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment