Friday 25 May 2012

Smoking - Fold Out Poster/Flyer

On the Kick Butts, Take Names website, there's a page titled 'Smokus Interruptus', where they basically explain that once you get the craving for a cig, go as long as you can without giving in to it. I think this is actually quite a nice little 'game', and immediately got the idea to do some sort of fold out poster/flyer using the information. I could use the hierarchy of folding it out to reveal the order of the information as it appears on the website to follow. This is...


I got a piece of paper and folded it up to experiment with the hierachy. I tried out a couple on A4 just to experiment then gave in and used A3. I'm not sure whether to use A3 or A2 for the actual thing if I do go on to produce it, I'm thinking A2 as if I produce it good enough, it may be something people might put on their walls. But then A3 would be more practical for those that wouldn't that would open it up to reveal the information. I think I will go with A3 (I can always change this later).




In order to produce it so that the orientation of everything is the right way when printed, I have unfolded the paper I worked on and will follow this for which way I should have the type so that once I print it and re fold it it should work the same. I have set up my artboard on Illustrator and sectioned it off into 16 like the sheet of paper is to use as a guideline for the areas I have to work with.


While I was producing this, using the typeface and what not I have selected, I am just really not feeling this anymore. I can imagine it better in my head than it is turning out on the actual design. This is where I got to with it.


Terrible.

I do like the idea of having the hierarchy of something reveal this process though so it might be worth trying out some other format, or even changing the choice of typeface. I have decided to leave it for now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment