Friday 25 May 2012

Smoking - Lighters

Everyone who smokes needs a lighter, so that's why I have decided that designing one for the World No Tobacco Day would be a good choice to do. I had a look at existing ones to see what sort of designs usually go on to them, which can be seen on my design context blog. The designs are quite simple and to the point.

The most information I will include on the lighter design I produce, I have decided I will stick to using just the logo, the date & day title, the website and possibly the see how long you can go line.


I like this one as it's simple, but I feel like I should include more information on it.


Reducing the size of the logo to fit at the bottom works well and allows me to use the full side for other information. This works well.


I played with the sizes a little to see if it stopped the right side looking a bit too cramped. Not too sure if I'm feeling this actually.


Accidentally screen shotted it going off the artboard, which explains the line. I tried out having the logo back how it was and including the line with the date. I think this works well.


I altered the sizes again to see if I could get the elements to sit better in the area.


I really like having just the how long line on one side, keeps it looking simple, and at first read it will be a little like huh, and will make the person reading it want to turn it over. I tried the logo the same at the bottom again and added the website as a call to action on it so if someone does want to find out more then they know where to go.


I tried shifting the logo to the other side with the hot long line. It makes the right side not look as cramped as it was.



I decided to try having the logo orientation the same at the how long line as everything else is vertical rather than horizontal on the lighter. This works but I don't like it being at the top of the lighter.


I switched the sides around so the logo would be at the bottom of the lighter. This works, but I will keep experimenting for now.


I tried again similar to the first one that I did but this time including the call to action line. I like this one.


I took the logo off the design and included the how long line instead. I really like this design but I am not sure if I would need to include a logo? Tough decision. I really think the layout on this one works really well and is simple and not too crowded.

I will have a see and come back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment