Thursday 24 May 2012

Smoking - Colour Scheme

Looking over the existing smoking campaigns that I have looked at previously, the majority of them are black and dark, somewhat giving a sense of scary (or trying), and I am wanting to try and step away from the usual conventions of this as I'm not looking to achieve a similar feel as I have explained before.

I've decided to basically go opposite it, as though this day could be sort of a light at the end of a tunnel, so I'm going to have the backgrounds as white ones, rather than black.

For the type, I want to achieve sort of a smokey/ashy feel to what I produce, so I have decided that to achieve this, along with the tonal value of the leading and what not from the text I use, I will use tones of grey. I have used red in the logo that I created, but I think keeping that as it is and then having the rest of the design area kept to grey tones, it will have a nice effect and help the logo to stand out and become more recognised.

No comments:

Post a Comment