Friday 25 May 2012

Smoking - Addiction Write Up

From the information that I collected about the actual addiction to smoking, I gathered two main points

  • Nicotine is the addictive drug in cigarettes
  • Smoking is also a learned behaviour 

The learned behaviour point is a rather interesting one. I spoke to a couple of people that I know who smoke, asking them whether they smoke so much for the craving or for the habit of it within a situation. The response from this was both, but a lot of emphasis was leaned towards the learned behaviour point - interesting!

From the information I have gathered, I will make notes using the key information from each of the sources and then use these to make some sort of write up using my own words.







Using these notes, I will write up a couple of experimental paragraphs that I could possibly use within what I go on to produce.


  • Nicotine is the main cause of addiction through smoking as it gives us a sense of feeling 'normal' again. 
  • Smoking is as much of a learned behaviour as it is an addiction. This is due to it becoming a part of your daily life, causing you to crave a cigarette more out of habit in certain situations which one would be consumed, enabling you to start feeling 'normal' again.
  • As well as the addiction to nicotine when smoking, over time it also becomes a learned behaviour within our daily lives. 
  • Smoking is just a learned behaviour, can you fight it?

No comments:

Post a Comment