Saturday 10 November 2012

Type Exp - Black coffee with milk 2

I went back to the first quote I was working with, and decided to try a different approach that is just type. I used some of the examples that I collected and blogged on my DC blog to get some inspiration, and followed the same structure before. I tried adding some 'shades' to the coffee parts of the poster, and then was going to experiment with the colours the same as before.


I stopped with the colour thing after just changing the white coffee bit. Really just not liking this. At all. So I want to just completely scrap it I think and move on.

An example I have on my DC blog has the words jumbled up and different sizes, but lines up in a structured way so that it is still read in order. I decided to give this a go to experiment with.




I found doing these more interesting. I decided to have an experiment with colour on this similar to how I was doing before. As well as with the weights of the typeface too.




I'm very particular when it comes to lining stuff up. It's god because it makes things look better and not sloppy, but at the same time it can be quite time consuming. I used the guides to line up and position the different words of it together.


I'm pretty pleased with this actually. Not sure if it's just because it's better than what I did with it before? This is how it would look as a printed poster.


I think it does work, but I am just not sure if it is a strong enough piece? Like is it really up to the level 06 standard? This is all that's always going through my head though with everything I have been working on. I'll have to come back to this one to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment