Thursday 22 November 2012

Collection - Twinings Tea Range Lists

I have put quite a bit of thought into how to present the list of teas that are available. There are a number of them that appear on the list more than once, and some have more than one variety of that tea. To try and get my head around this and start to come up with possible ways to have them, I printed the list out to attack with pens.

First off, in each of the different categories of teas, I grouped together each of the teas that have more than one variety of them. For instance organic, decaf, etc. I wrote the different varieties next to the original one.

scan list 1
scan list 1
scan list 1
scan list 1

Once I had this list finished, I printed out a second version of the original list - this time crossing out all of the repeats of flavours that I could find. I kept the originals of the ones that have more than one variety, and this will represent the whole lot of them. Once I did this, I typed up this new list.

scan list 2
scan list 2
scan list 2
scan list 2




From this list, as shown on it, I counted up how many varieties of teas there are (this has since changed). All together, on this list there's 107 varieties of flavours of tea in the Twinings range.

The next thing that I decided to do was to take out each of the 'types' headers, and print out the list again. Then using the previous lists I wrote next to each individual tea which of the types they fall under. Some come under just one and others come under more. Once I did this, I typed up the new list.


scan list 3
scan list 3

Now, I sort of have my head around this, but not in a way that I can really explain it. With the information that I have gathered so far to do with the different varieties, I quickly noted down how I believe it would work best to present them in the catalogue that I am creating. (I also went on to quickly write down a few more notes too which will be put on to the next blog post).

scan ways to have them in catalogue notes

What I have decided is to

  • have individual teas in alphabetical order - this section will contain all of the information about each of the teas, including tastes, benefits and what not
  • have the different 'types' section - this will have the information about each of the different types of teas, i.e fruits, black, etc, and in this will also be listed each of the individual teas that fall under the categories
  • glossary - I'll also have a glossary at the back that simply lists all of the different teas available, and give them page numbers or something for if the person looking at it does want to find out more about a specific one

So now I have this pretty much down for what I am planning on doing, I got to altering the list that I now have so that the list of teas are now in alphabetical order. Whilst doing this I made the names bold so that they stand out over the rest of the information accompanying them. Whilst doing the list, the number of tea varieties changed a bit, and I noticed a few doubles that I didn't see previously.



The total number of teas that I now have on my list is 105.

No comments:

Post a Comment