Monday 5 November 2012

Hot & Tasty - Carrier Bag

I want to have a paper carrier bag as well included in the take away stuff that I am producing, for the people that are buying more than one thing and need something to carry them in. I think it will be a nice addition. 

Looking at the bags that I produced in my Black & White Pattern brief, the smaller bags are a decent size, although I don't think I would want one quite so big for this brief. I only have my A4 printed to be working with at the minute to mock these up, so I have done a net that I can use to print out twice and then will stick together. I have reduced the size of the example bag I mentioned to more of a size I think would be suitable. Before I started though, I sketched up a few ideas.


Again, as I did with the cups, I'm using just outlines rather than block colours for the mock ups so that I don't waste too much ink but still get a good enough idea.






It's a bit hard to get a good enough idea working at the actual scale with this and using just the lines. I've decided to scale down the bag proportionally to fit within the A4 size to give me a better idea on how the bags would work.


Judging from this, I quite like this design. It works across all 4 surfaces so looks quite abstract, but from rotating the bag it becomes obvious what it is. I've decided to print out a full colour version because I think it will be easier to work out how well it is working, and with it being at a smaller scale it shouldn't be too bad.




Needs scaling down a tad, bit too abstract on the areas for what I am wanting to achieve, so scaling it down will allow me to have more of the & on the design areas. Instead, I'm working on having the & fit within the two large areas and one of the smaller one, freeing up the last smaller edge for me to add some icons to.




Definitely think the & works better at this scale. And having the icons work down the side works well too. I tried adding a paper handle to it to see how it would work - it does. I am not sure if I would want them white or orange though. Also I need to figure out how to do them properly.


I'm pretty happy with how this bag is at this stage, so I decided to print out a larger to scale version to see if it works like that.



Yep, it does. There's a couple of little design flaws that I need to sort out on it but for a mock up it works fine. I'll make sure that I get them sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment