Friday 2 November 2012

Hot & Tasty - Toilet Door

Something that I keep mentioning on my DC blog is how important the little details are with projects, and that's what I think takes them from being alright to being great. So with this in mind, and as well as the fact I have all of the different icons to use, I've got to thinking about the little details around the inside of the cafes that could have something included on them, such as the toilet door.

To take to the next meeting, I've decided that I will also mock this sort of stuff up too, the same as I have done with the bottle fridge, just so that I can explain my thought processes with them. So the first thing I decided to mock is the toilet door. I made this up on Illustrator, then added the icons to them.


 


There's the choice between having the man and woman symbol or the WC symbol. I tried both. This would be a decision for the owner to make. I just put them relatively small in proportion to the rest of the door in the top center that would be an average eye level height for most customers. I have put them in orange. I am not entirely sure what colour the toilet doors actually are, so I have just left them white on most of the mock ups, but did one in black to maybe suggest having them black? Not really a decision that may be appreciated though, but is at least considered.

For the meeting, I'll print out examples using both the different symbols to take along for them to make a decision on.

No comments:

Post a Comment