Friday 23 November 2012

B&W - Screen Printing?

I have just started looking online at what stocks are used for gift bags. I will blog this, but on one of the websites I came across this...

Screen printed gift bags. Hmm. Then I started wondering if I could use screen printing for my designs.

Considering how it would work, so avoid spending a fortune and making 15 different screens for each size bag for each different pattern, and then starting to think about other products that I could do too, I got the idea to make each pattern to an A2 scale and then have 5 separate screens for each pattern. Then I could get the stocks I want to use and sketch out the nets for the bags then on to that with pencil and screen print over the top to cut out and mock up. That way I can use the same sized pattern for each bag. 

Definitely something to consider, I just need to think about the time that it will take me to do this as I am meant to have had this brief finished weeks ago and it may end up affecting the time that I have to spend on other briefs?

I'll continue with my research to see if doing what I have done already and then proposing the print finished would be a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment