Monday 5 November 2012

Hot & Tasty - Shop Sign

Using the shop front mock up I have done, I started working on designing how the shop front sign would be. I can add this to the mock up because obviously I can't get it done properly and to scale, so adding it to this will give a good enough idea that I am wanting and can take along to show the owner.

Following what I put down from the notes from the last meeting, I made it how we discussed, and then experimented with it in different ways. I also tried to include the oversized & logic to the sign also.






I quite like the last one above. I think having the & on the right works better, and it will also go above the entrance. I experimented then with adding some of the information to the sign that they already have on their existing one. And also with the colours.





I really like this one, and it's similar to how we discussed it in the meeting. I've added it to the mock up to see more of how it would work in context. It was doing this that I really felt the benefit of doing this because it has allowed me to consider the alignment of the elements along with the features of the building, for example, having the logo so that it is centered between the areas of the windows, etc. Also experimented with colours a bit more.





I've had the idea to try having the & extend further down and get some window vinyls to show the bottom of the & on the door windows. I experimented with how I could have this.





I'm not too sure on this actually. Considering the size of a person in context with the building, the window vinyls would block out the view at eye level into the store. Bad move I reckon, so I'll go back to it without. I do like the & being further down though.


No comments:

Post a Comment