Wednesday 8 February 2012

Top Ten - Blink 182 I Miss You - Sequence Production 1

Reflecting over the ideas that I have sketched out and storyboarded for the I Miss You TV Ident, the one that I have decided to use is this one:


I have chosen this one as I think it will look the most effective, and push the knowledge of what I have on aftereffects so far, which is what I need to be doing at this stage.

To follow the steps that we took for the previous silent movie brief, I would now need to put my frames on to a time line to understand what will happen when in the sequence. Where I do see the benefits of this, and I did with the previous brief, I think to do this at this point will be a little tricky as I would have to sit and literally work out the exact frame that each of the words are sang in the sequence. I think this will take up a whole lot of time which I shouldn't start wasting. I don't necessarily think it will be a waste of time, it will just be quicker and easier to work out on the actual sequence.

I think because it is literally just the kinetic type that I am using, and not really flicking between imagery or anything it is not necessarily as important as it would be if I was.

So following the talk we had from Lorraine about sound, and how to use it and place the markers, I will import the song and apply the markers to where the words are sang and follow this to put together the sequence. Prior to opening aftereffects though, I produced all of the assets I will be needing in terms of each of the words and what not on Photoshop to then import into after effects.


After a while on aftereffects, here is where I got up to with this ident. I am pleased with my progress as I picked up what I was doing and wanting to achieve quite well. I didn't quite finish it but I am happy with it at this point. This time a few weeks ago I would never have thought I'd have been able to achieve this.

I have pretty much stuck to the storyboards that I produced for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment