Wednesday 8 February 2012

Top Ten - Blink 182 60 Second Sequence - Initial Idea Production

Feeling more confident on aftereffects now, I thought it would be a good idea to 'give it a go' with the 60 second sequence idea I have, baring in mind at this stage I have no prep work really for it, no storyboards or anything and haven't really planned it. Going at it with a 'it can't be that different' attitude, I was soon proved wrong.

Here is where I got up to with the sequence after about 3 hours:


Whilst I do quite like what I have done, I found the process a lot more difficult as I didn't have the storyboards to follow so was having to try and work it out from the illustrator version of the number 10, and it was difficult with some to work out how things should rotate and what not. This has helped a lot with realising the importance of getting how something should move and work down on paper prior to opening aftereffects.

The benefit of doing this, despite the time being spent on it now wasted, I have come to realise that I don't really think it is good enough to do for my title sequence. I'm not entirely sure why I just don't think 60 seconds of that will really be that engaging. It's pretty flat and is only really rotating around, no different sort of effects of anything going on.

So whilst I have just wasted the last 3 hours producing this as I am not going to change what I do do for it, it has probably saved me a lot more time that I would have spent producing the prep work for it. I now need to think of what I can do instead of this. This process was definitely a learning curve in many ways, which I'm glad has happened now.

No comments:

Post a Comment