Wednesday 8 February 2012

Top Ten - Blink 182 4th TV Ident - Idea & Production

After getting to the stage in the brief, I have only just realised that I haven't yet got round to producing an idea for my 4th and final TV Ident that I will be needing - oops! I have considered producing something slightly different for this sequence, that won't include any kinetic type but just consist of the countdown timer and fuzzy noise, with introduction to songs that are in the top ten fading in and out of the fuzz.

I don't need to produce a storyboard for this as I already have the countdown timer done and that's all I'll really be using in terms of the graphics so I got straight on to after effects with it. When I altered the amount of time it takes to countdown in the previous sequences, I reduced it from taking 1 second to taking 15 frames - I think if I was to do the same for this sequence it may countdown and finish a little too quickly, so I have decided to up it to 20 frames for this one.

I got to producing about half of the ident before realising that this idea isn't really a good idea. Here is where I got to:


Even just watching back the few seconds that I have I think it's quite boring really. I don't think if that was to come on tv I would take an notice of it so I have decided to give it up as a bad job. The graphics aren't necessarily visually engaging enough in my opinion for it to work well enough as my 4th ident and work along side the sequences that I have already produced so I will decide on an alternate idea to use instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment