Wednesday 8 February 2012

Top Ten - Blink 182 60 Second Sequence - Production 5

By making the changes to the countdown sections as explained in the previous post, this helped a lot with helping me address the feedback I got that explained that with the sequence just ending on 1 and that being it feels quite abrupt, and after the crit I had a discussion with Lisa about it (she was one of the people in my group that was giving feedback), she explained how she felt it just needed a little bit more to it to just finish off the sequence better. So by editing the countdown sections, this free'd up around 3 extra seconds at the end for me to develop.

I had a think (for quite a while) about what I could possibly do, and it was suggested that I maybe zoom into the title but I think this may look a little unconsidered, and I eventually came up with the idea to have the circle fade out from being what it is to being the Blink smiley logo. Doing this will be simple as an element of the circle is already a section of the smiley as I explained back when designing it, so I will just have a layer that appears over the top and fades on to the sequence replacing the sequence. I produced the smiley to be consistent with the colour scheme:


I added this then to the sequence.



I did it so that the layer fades on to he screen in the amount of time it takes for the ticker to do a full rotation around the circle, and also decided to keep that rotating so that you can still slightly see it rotating round whilst the logo is appearing. I think it's quite a nice effect and just ends the video nicely. I am glad that I received the feedback that I did in order to allow me to add this as I may not have considered to do so prior to it. I will also add this effect to the end of the idents too, but instead of having it last for a couple of seconds at the end as soon as it appears it will be pretty much the end of the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment