Wednesday 8 February 2012

Top Ten - Blink 182 60 Second Sequence - Production 1

Now that I have each of my sequences developed and ideas chosen, as well as the circle countdown section being prepped up and ready to use, I am now ready to begin the production of my title sequence. Exciting.

I prepped up the files for each of the sections before I began in after effects so that they are all there and ready to use. I began with the opening countdown circle sequence, and as I got this correct, I decided to include my top ten title on this as well so that each time it appears for the few seconds it is there to see. I experimented with how I could have this on the layout of this frame on photoshop including the title and then the day and time on some. Here's the experiments on this I tried out before making my decision.












The last one on the right is the layout that I am happy with and have decided to use in the sequences. Just saving the file with this on immediately updates what I have on after effects already, I will also update it on my tv idents too and have it on them.

I spent quite a while in the first sitting of producing the title sequence and by the time I had finished I was up to the All The Small Things section.



I am very pleased with the progress that I have made on my title sequence, and think it is coming along nicely. My need to be precise and be overly picky is really showing when I am working on this as I seem to be spending a lot of time on tiny aspects of the sequence as I go through - this can only be a good thing to ensure that as a whole it doesn't turn out to look sloppy, which is what I would hate to happen.

The effects are working very nicely and just as I was imagining them to. I particularly like the ones towards the end of this video where the effects relate to the actual lyrics like I discussed in the development of these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment