Sunday 8 May 2011

Speaking from Experience - 'To Do' List

When ever I have mentioned what my idea is for this project, almost everyone has said in return how they like to do 'To Do' lists to remember everything there is to do, so I would be stupid to ignore and not include something like this.

My first idea was to have 'To Do' pages within the notebooks I am making. I do think this is a good thing so that it is always with you whether you are at home or College or where ever, but at the same time I do think keeping it separate could help as well. Often I have found myself, and a couple more people have said the same, that I make a list of what needs doing and then I stick it up on the wall, or somewhere in front of me so that I can always see it. So I will take that into consideration.

I don't just want to do like a poster sort of thing because once it is full then it is done with, I want to come up with a way of providing numerous pages/ways to make lists on something but at the same time keep it fresh, so like they can start a new page/rip off/take out or what ever the completed list. Also, if a list is required for more than one module it would be more useful to have a list for each. I sketched down a few ideas I first came up with that I could do.


I want to make something that could be used kind of like a pad that could go on a wall and lay on a desk, depending what is preferred by the student. I can't get the idea of those sort of calendars you can get where each date is on a separate page and each day you rip it off. I don't want it to be the sort of rip off where it leaves part of the page still on the product so I thought about doing them like sticky notes.

I researched into the glue that is used on stick notes to see if I could buy/make some, but the actual stuff that is used cannot be reproduced. I found a similar method to make glue very similar though:


While I do think it would be good to do them like sticky notes, I think to have them rip off and be just like normal pieces of paper would be better, so I researched how to make a 'daily rip off calendar', and by doing this found the type of glue to buy/make that will do the job (and also instructions on how to make them but it doesn't look like rocket science).




I had a look online to see where I could buy some ready made glue that I would need but couldn't really find any, and when I did it was too confusing to understand if it was actually the right stuff or not. So, I looked at the ingredients I would need to make my own, and weren't too sure where to buy Gelatine from (feel like an idiot now though because it's quite obvious really), so I will have a look around to see if I can purchase the glue from somewhere like Hobby Craft, and if not I will give it a go at making my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment